Thursday, July 2, 2009

Warning For Comcast Users that was Passed onto me

I wanted to give the "heads up" on a new fraudulent scam that occurred to me this morning. Be on the red alert for any scams such as this and immediately report it to Comcast.net Abuse Department.

WARNING FOR ALL COMCAST.NET MEMBERS: There is fraudulent emails being sent to Comcast.net users to send your current pass word to them for upgrading the system. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PASS WORD TO ANYONE. This is a phony attempt to steal your identity. Immediately contact the abuse dept. of Comcast.net to inform them of this fraudulent email.Right now it is Comcast.net members that are the target, but be aware that your email account with any other company may be at risk in the future. Whether you use verizon, gmail, yahoo, aol or whoever, NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR PASS WORD TO ANYONE.

If you ever receive suspicious emails or offensive emails from unknown sources, contact your main email carrier to confirm whether it is a scam and to report the abusive email message. If you have received a letter similar to mine, feel free to leave me a comment. When I spoke with an individual from Comcast.net this morning, I was told that I am NOT the first to report this phony scam.