Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Remember to Vote on Aug 4, 2011 - Your Community Depends on it!



Friends,

Since first moving to the Antioch community 22 years ago, my passion has been working to make it a better place to live. That's why I'd like to serve as your Metro Council member.

As busy as this campaign has been, I've found time to attend meetings and hearings to speak out on issues that matter to our families, as I've always done. If you'd like a preview of the kind of service you will get from me on the Metro Council, please look at a video that shows me in action, here.




Join us on Election Night



As soon as the polls close Thursday, please join David and me to follow the election results at one of our favorite places -- La Terraza in the Kroger shopping center, a great restaurant here in District 29.

We'll be gathering at 7 p.m. Don't eat a big dinner: We'll have appetizers and beverages for everybody.


We are looking forward to good food, good company and a great outcome. It would mean so much for you to celebrate with us!

We've gotten the word out

Direct mail is the best way for a candidate to deliver his or her message, and I've tried to make good use of this tool. Click here to see some examples, including one special mailing, featuring my precious friend, Genora "Mama" Flagg, who shares her belief that I will be a strong advocate for seniors on the Metro Council.


Step up, and do what you can


We've been able to accomplish a lot of good things during this campaign, but it comes with growing expenses. Whatever you can contribute will be a help and will be appreciated. Go to my Web site, http://www.karenjohnson.org/, and do what you can.


If you prefer to mail your contribution, please send it to P.O. Box 17131 Nashville, TN 37217. Questions? Call us at 615-977-6721.

We still need volunteers for these busy final days before the election. There are all kinds of things you can do. Just click here and sign up!

Thanks!

Karen