Sunday, February 19, 2012

District 29 Neighborhood Leaders Invite to Councilwoman Karen Johnson's Office Hours Saturday February 25, 2012

Good Evening District 29 Neighborhood Association/Watch/Community Leaders,

I want to first start by saying thank you so very much for all of the hard work you do each and every day to make our community one with a high quality of life and one that brings together neighbors in a positive way. I started my term for Metro Council in September 2011 and had my first meeting with neighborhood leaders in December 2011. This will be my 2nd meeting and I would like to ask each of you for your ideas for upcoming meeting dates and times. My goal is to meet with you every other month. This second meeting is scheduled for Saturday, February 25, at First Tennessee Bank Nashboro off Murfreesboro Road. I will always have this and other information posted on the district blog at www.District29Community.blogspot.com. Ms. Angeline Burns has graciously volunteered to help me to call everyone to extend the invite personally by phone. I am here to serve you to the best of my ability and to ensure our District receives the same quality of life improvements as every other area of the city. We have a beautiful district, but the only way it can remain that way and to improve is through active participation and addressing the many varied needs that help to make our District great. I need your help to ensure I am working on those things that are important to you. If the meetings every other month with you grow in attendance, I will explore a larger meeting space outside of the bank. Please stop by even if it is for 30 minutes to share with me what is important to you and your neighbors. I will be sharing information this upcoming Saturday on projects that are currently taking shape and are planned for our district. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you on Saturday. Thank you.

Karen Y. Johnson
Councilwoman
District 29
Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
615-977-6721
www.District29Community.blogspot.com
www.Nashville.gov